A big thank-you to all who helped during the summer with our worship gatherings and with the coffee house opening!
Fall is around the corner and I am looking forward to seeing people back from summer wanderings with stories, tans and questions!
Questions like, ‘what’s happening with . . .Â the coffee house? the pledges we are collecting to fund it? the idea of making a move to a new worship space? the possibility of a second year grant through the TOF? the El Salvador project? the financial picture at Southpoint? Fall events? Scott’s rogaine treatment?’ and many more inquiries for the Southpoint community.
So, below you will find a brief list of coming events. More details will be in the Fall newsletter and I especially want to encourage you to come to the Hardy’s on September 9th and toÂ Small Ritual Coffee on September 13th to hear updates from our Board and other official sounding persons.
1. Fall Reconnect on Wednesday, September 9th, 6:30pm for dinner at the Hardy’s.
2. Â Field Trip on Sunday, September 13th, 12:30pm (following worship) for a simple lunch at Small Ritual followed by a visit to a possible new worship space.
3. Southpoint Kids Volunteer Orientation on Friday, September 18th, 8:15pm at Hardy’s (for everyone interested/involved in kids stuff – dessert will be served!) Changed to Wednesday, September 23rd!
4. After Hours on Wednesday, September 23rd, 7:30pm at Small Ritual. Open for all, this will be our first ‘Philosopher’s Cafe’ style gathering. More info to come. Changed to Wednesday, September 30th!
5. Small Ritual Open House on Friday, September 25th, 7:00pm at Small Ritual. An evening to celebrate and especially thank all those who have helped to bring SRC to life! It will also be a chance to properly dedicate the space.
6. El Salvador Celebration on Friday, October 16th, 7:00pm at Small Ritual. Cancelled.
This is just a quick list so you can mark your calendars. More details will be shared each week and especially at the Reconnect Meeting on September 9th.
And . . . we will continue to worship together at Morgan Elementary at 10:00am on Sundays!